Rive Gauche plans IPO

Rive Gauche, a retailer of perfume and cosmetics, intends to carry out an IPO on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in 2012. Today, the majority stakeholder in the company is the Finstar Investment Holding, owned by the Russian businessman Oleg Boyko. The holding acquired a 75% stake in Rive Gauche in February 2008. The remaining 25% belongs to Larisa and Pavel Karabay, the founders of the retailer.

At the end of 2011 Rive Gauche had 187 stores all over Russia, with reported revenue of RUB 21.6bn ($648.8m). This was primarily because of the transaction with Finstar: after the acquisition of the stake in Rive Gauche, Mr Boyko promised to invest €150m ($187m) in the chain.

The holding is part of the international Finstar Financial Group, which operates in the sphere of commercial property development (Finstroy) and retail markets. It is also present in the CIS, the Baltic States and other European countries, along with Latin America and the USA. In addition to Rive Gauche, the company develops the Douglas Rivoli perfume and cosmetic concern and the Mindal grocery (Tolyatti) retail chain.